How different would your life be if you were “indistractable”?
Nir Eyal wrote the book on how tech companies get people Hooked. After years of teaching at Stanford, Eyal now reveals the Achilles’ heel of distraction in his new book, Indistractable. In Indistractable, Eyal shatters the conventional narrative that the problem is our gadgets. Rather, Eyal shows why distraction is a symptom of much deeper dysfunction.
This episode is highly actionable and Nir provides amazing examples of how you can implement his methods into your life. We dive deep into how we can escape distraction, beat the urge to scroll, refresh and reply, and do more of the things we want to do.
In Episode 89, you will learn:
03:31 Distraction vs Traction
11:59 How to get to the root of distraction
15:59 Master your internal triggers
20:22 Can you really run out of willpower?
26:23 Nir’s fascination with behavior
32:54 How to balance your time with time-boxing
54:04 Nir’s personal system of using a to-do list
55:24 The first step to becoming indistractable
58:12 Are you a Reactor or a Reflector
1:03:34 What is next for Nir
1:04:54 How to get in touch with Nir
- Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
- Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products
- The Most Important Skill of the Future is Being ‘Indistractable’
- Learn How To Avoid Distraction In A World That Is Full Of It
- Be a Schedule Builder, Not a To-Do List Maker
- Timeboxing: The Most Powerful Time Management Technique You’re Probably Not Using
- Free Schedule Maker
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Text me directly at: 619-825-2595
Follow and chat with me on:
For show notes and more visit: arman.xyz/podcast
To work with me: arman.xyz/consulting